Dentist Anesthesiologists are the most highly trained dentists in the practice of sedation and anesthesiology. We have the expertise and experience to evaluate each dental patient to deliver the appropriate sedation or general anesthetic, and safely manage the entire process from prep to recovery.
- Our members are licensed dentists
- We have completed full-time accredited residency training programs in dental anesthesiology that are currently three years in length.
- We are extensively trained in the range of anesthetic options available and the best ways to protect the patient’s health
- Dental Anesthesiology is recognized as a dental specialty by the American Dental Association
- Our clinical training includes significant hospital operating room anesthesiology rotations as well as ambulatory anesthesia for dental patients
- Our training may also include clinical experiences such as emergency medicine, internal medicine, cardiology, and acute and chronic pain management
- Many members of the American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists are board-certified as specialist anesthesiologists by the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology (ADBA). Dentist anesthesiologists achieve ADBA Diplomate status following completion of an accredited residency in anesthesiology for dentists, a minimum period of at least 12 months of anesthesia practice and passing a rigorous examination process. Current ADBA board certification demonstrates the desire of the Dentist Anesthesiologist to be recognized with the highest qualification in the field.
- We participate in ongoing continuing education to stay up to date on the latest advancements in dental anesthesiology